San Carlos City in Negros Occidental resumed enforcing border control measures with Vallehermoso and Canlaon City in Negros Oriental today, February 23.
However, San Carlos Mayor Renato Gustilo said residents from Vallemermoso and Canlaon City will be allowed into his city for 12-hour visits a day provided they have health certificates.
Those crossing the border will have to secure health certificates from their local health offices that will be good for seven days at a time, Gustilo said.
Those who exceed the 12-hour period will be quarantined, Gustilo said.
The 12-hour visit rule is patterned after the Kabankalan-Mabinay model, he said.
Canlaon City, on the other hand, has opened its border to 24-hour visits from San Carlos residents, Gustilo said.
Earlier San Carlos City had fully opened its borders to residents from Vallehermoso and Canlaon City.
However, Negros Occidental Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson has an existing executive order closing Negros Occidental’s borders with Negros Oriental to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Lacson said last week that he would grant Kabankalan City’s request to ease its border control with Mabinay, Negros Oriental.
Mabinay residents will be allowed to enter Kabankalan for 12 hours a day starting March 1, the governor said.
Hinoba-an Mayor Ernesto Estrao is also asking for a similar arrangement at the border of his town with Bayawan City and Basay in Negros Oriental.*