Shadow

Guv sets Negros’ curfew from midnight to 4 a.m.

BCPO photo

Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson issued an executive order on Thursday, November 11, setting curfew in Negros Occidental from midnight to 4 a.m. for persons 18 years old and above, effective immediately.

Lacson, in Executive Order 21-50 Series of 2021, also said curfew for persons below 18 years old will be from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. daily.

Curfew in Negros Occidental had been from 9 p.m. to 4 a.m. since June in order to limit mass gatherings and prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Lacson said he ordered new curfew hours in the light of Negros Occidental’s being placed under Alert Level 2 by the national Inter-Agency Task Force and the decreasing number of COVID-19 cases in the province.

During the curfew hours persons in Negros Occidental will not be allowed outside their residences, except for those in need of emergency services, personnel in cargo vehicles and authorized persons outside their residences with valid work schedules, Lacson said.

The new curfew hours will be enforced until all mayors of the province recommend the lifting, he added.

All persons and establishments who violate curfew and health and safety protocols will face administrative or criminal sanctions, Lacson said.*

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Secured By miniOrangeSecured By miniOrange