The Supreme Court (SC) on Wednesday, August 18, released the list of 24 local sites, including two in Negros Island, for the 2020/2021 regional Bar Examinations scheduled in November.
To significantly reduce the examinees travel and accommodation expenses, as well as minimize their transit to comply with public health guidelines in view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020/2021 Bar Examinations will be held in several local testing centers in different regions across the country, SC Bar Bulletin No. 23 said.
The bar examination sites in Negros Island will be at the University of St. La Salle in Bacolod City with a maximum of 1,340 slots, and Silliman University in Dumaguete City with a maximum of 1,000 slots.
In Panay Island, the bar examination site will be at the Central Philippine University in Iloilo City with a maximum of 475 slots.
Bar applicants can select their local testing center through the Bar Personal Login Unified System (PLUS), the SC said.
Venue-matching will not be on a first-come, first-served basis, applicants from remote areas will be prioritized.
Applicants may select their chosen local testing centers after their applications have been approved by the SC en banc. The Office of the Bar Confidant will send separate emails to the approved applicants.
The SC advised applicants to choose the testing center that is closest to their residence.
The 24 testing centers approved so far are:
NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION
- Ateneo de Manila University Law School, Ateneo Professional Schools Building, 20 Rockwell Drive, Rockwell Center, Makati City (maximum of 269 slots)
- Manila Adventist College, 1975 San Juan Street, Pasay City (maximum of 450 slots)
- University of Makati, J.P. Rizal Extension, West Rembo, Makati City (maximum of 1,000 slots)
- Far Eastern University, Nicanor Reyes, Sampaloc, Manila (maximum of 600 slots).
- University of Santo Tomas, España Boulevard, Sampaloc, Manila (maximum of 500 slots)
CORDILLERA ADMINISTRATIVE REGION (CAR)
- St. Louis University School of Law, A. Bonifacio Street, Baguio City (maximum of 1,035 slots)
- St. Louis College, Carlatan, San Fernando City, La Union (maximum of 1,280 slots)
- Cagayan State University College of Law, Carig Campus – Carig Sur, Tuguegarao City, Cagayan (maximum of 421 slots)
- St. Mary’s University College of Law, Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya (maximum of 259 slots)
- De La Salle University – Lipa, 1962 Pres. J.P. Laurel National Highway, Lipa City, Batangas (maximum of 1,125 slots)
- City College of Calapan, Barangay Guinobatan, Calapan City, Oriental Mindoro (maximum of 200 slots)
- University of Nueva Caceres, J. Hernandez Avenue, Naga, Camarines Sur (maximum of 1,000 slots)
- Central Philippine University, University Avenue, Jaro, Iloilo City, Iloilo (maximum of 475 slots)
- University of St. La Salle, La Salle Avenue, Bacolod City, Negros Occidental (maximum of 1,340 slots)
- University of San Jose Recoletos – Basak Campus, N. Bacalso Street, Basak, Pardo, Cebu City (maximum of 600 slots)
- University of Cebu School of Law, UC Banilad, M. Cuenco Avenue, Banilad, Cebu City (maximum of 1,000 slots)
- University of San Carlos School of Law and Governance, University of San Carlos Law Building, Pelaez Street, Cebu City (maximum of 200 slots)
- Silliman University College of Law, 1 Hibbard Avenue, Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental (maximum of 1,000 slots)
- Dr. V. Orestes Romualdez Educational Foundation, Calanipawan Road, Barangay Calanipawan, Tacloban City, Leyte (maximum of 400 slots)
- Ateneo de Zamboanga University, La Purisima Street, Zamboanga City, Zamboanga del Sur (maximum of 365 slots)
- Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan College of Law, 73 Corrales Avenue, Cagayan de Oro City, Misamis Oriental (maximum of 240 slots)
22.Mindanao State University – Iligan Institute of Technology, Andres Bonifacio Avenue, Tibanga, Iligan City, Lanao del Norte (maximum of 250 slots)
- Ateneo de Davao University, Senior High School Campus, Bangkal, Davao City (maximum of 800 slots)
- Mindanao State University, Fatima, General Santos City (maximum of 204 slots).*