A 74-year-old man from Barangay Patag, Silay City, is the first cholera fatality in Negros Occidental for 2023.
The Silay resident was admitted at a hospital on January 12 and died the next day, Dr. Ernell Tumimbang, Negros Occidental Provincial Health Officer, said Thursday, January 19.
“It means he was severely dehydrated when he arrived at the hospital,” Tumimbang said.
Tumimbang said a test will be conducted on the water source of the 74-year-old.
Last year there were three cholera fatalities in Silay City, EB Magalona and Murcia in Negros Occidental, Tumimbang said.*