Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson issued Executive Order 21-14 Series of 2021 today, February 26, extending the duration of the Modified General Community Quarantine in Negros Occidental until March 31.
The province has been under MGCQ since June last year.
The province has had 6,778 COVID-19 cases, with 191 deaths, the Department of Health reported today.
Negros Occidental had 124 COVID-19 active cases today, the DOH also said.
Lacson also issued Executive Order 21-12 Series of 2021 setting the guidelines for the entry of Mabinay, Negros Oriental, residents into Kabankalan City.
The EO states that entry from Negros Oriental will only be for Mabinay residents who will be limited to Kabankalan City. They must present valid government IDs that prove they are Mabinay residents, the EO said.
Their stay in Kabankalan City will be limited to only 12 hours, it added.
Meanwhile, Dr. Ernell Tumimbang, provincial health officer, said the Negros Occidental COVID-19 vaccination plan has already been submitted to the DOH in Western Visayas.
City and town health officials in the province will also have to submit their own vaccination plans to the DOH as they will be the ones who will implement the mass inoculation, he said.
The provincial government’s role is to monitor and report the output of each LGU to the DOH, Tumimbang said.
Tumimbang said he is urging all local government units in Negros Occidental to set up their own Emergency Operation Centers to work in sync with the provincial government EOC in the fight against COVID-19 and in the mass vaccination drive against the virus.*