Three houses were destroyed and three were damaged in a fire that broke out in a residential area in Purok Providence, Brgy. Sum-ag, Bacolod City, Sunday morning, February 11.
Seven families were affected by the fire that’s caused P43,750 in damages, the Bacolod City Fire Station reported.
The fire started in the house owned by Joylyn Tahum, which was occupied by Pamela Alcon and her family.
Senior Fire Officer Jereck Barbas told DIGICAST NEGROS that the fire was caused by an unattended lighted candle.
Barbas said the Bacolod Social Services Department has extended assistance to the affected families.*