EMERGENCY MEETING. Moises Padilla Mayor Ella Garcia-Yulo holds an emergency meeting with officers of the 62nd Infantry Battalion and members of the Retooled Community Support Program team Thursday, November 4, following an encounter between state troopers and rebels at Barangay Quintin Remo.*Moises Padilla LGU photo
EMERGENCY MEETING. Moises Padilla Mayor Ella Garcia-Yulo holds an emergency meeting with officers of the 62nd Infantry Battalion and members of the Retooled Community Support Program team Thursday, November 4, following an encounter between state troopers and rebels at Barangay Quintin Remo.*Moises Padilla LGU photo
CBCP file photoSan Carlos Bishop Gerardo Alminaza welcomed on Thursday, November 4, Gov . Eugenio Jose Lacson’s affirmation of the provincial government’s dedication to advancing renewable energy (RE) in Negros Occidental.Alminaza, in a press statement, cited Lacson’s welcoming RE investments and encouraging the development of means to harness energy from sources like the sun and wind.Responding to a statement delivered by Alminaza in a House Committee on Energy meeting last week, which tackled the rise of electricity rates in Negros and Panay, Lacson said he “believes that renewable energy will help bring down the cost of power in Negros in the long term.”“It is assuring to hear from the head of our provincial government that Negros Occidental will seek to secure a future ...
Richard Malihan photoA total of 300 displaced Negrense workers from La Carlota City and Cauayan received their TUPAD or Tulong Panghanapbuhay sa Ating Disadvantaged/Displaced Workers (TUPAD) Payouts, in a distribution held at Villa Caridad Covered Court, Brgy. 3 Poblacion, La Carlota City, led by Governor Bong Lacson.Each beneficiary received P5,925.00 equivalent to 15 days work at P395.00/day.The TUPAD Program for these LGUs was sourced from the Legislative fund of Sen. Migz Zubiri in the amount of Php 2M for the Province of Negros Occidental coursed through DOLE.Also among those present at the activity were La Carlota City Mayor Dr. Rex Jalando-on and Vice Mayor Junjun Baga, other local officials, and Provincial PESO Manager, Dr. Sharon A. Juance.*
303rd IB photoTwo soldiers were killed and four others were injured in an encounter with New People’s Army rebels in Sitio Tiyos, Barangay Quintin Remo, Moises Padilla, Negros Occidental, 3:40 p.m. Wednesday, November 3.The combined elements of the Army’s 62nd Infantry (Unifier) Battalion and the 79th Infantry (Masaligan) Battalion successfully prevented planned attack and extortion of the CPP-NPA terrorist during the encounter,Capt. Kim Apitong, 3rd Division Public Affairs Office OIC, said Thursday, November 4.This, after the troops launched combat operations in response to information from concerned citizens on the presence of NPA terrorists consolidating in Sitio Tiyos, he said.The group was planning to stage attacks and intensify their extortion scheme in the area, ...
Kabankalan PNP photoTwo people were killed and three others were injured after the vehicles they were riding on collided head-on at the national road in Crossing Hda. Flora in Brgy. Hilamonan, Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental, Tuesday night, November 2.Killed were tricycle passenger Ann Krizel Genobio, 20, Brgy Orong, and motorcycle driver Jury Alvarez, 21, of Brgy Tan-awan.Injured were Genobio’s mother Alma, 53, and her brother, tricycle driver Kent Arnel, 25. Also injured was motorcycle rider Mercy Losalo, 43.Both vehicles were travelling in opposite directions when Alvarez overtook a car he was tailing and bumped into the oncoming tricycle, a police report said.The victims were brought to a hospital where two were pronounced dead.Both vehicles are now in the cu...
Capitol photoThe vaccination of minors aged 12 to 17 years old against COVID-19 could pave the way for the eventual return to face-to-face classes, Negros Occidental Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz said Wednesday, November 3.This will help in creating herd immunity and will protect minors should face-to-face classes resume, he said.The provincial government vaccinated 56 minors aged 12 to 17 with Pfizer vaccines at the Negros Residences in Bacolod City, and 66 minors with comorbidities at the Teresita L. Jalandoni Provincial Hospital (TLJPH) in Silay City on Wednesday.The vaccination of all minors without comorbidities is being conducted at the Negros Residences and at all LGUs.Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are being used for the minors, Diaz said.Minors wanti...
Capitol photoThe Negros Occidental provincial government will honor 31 local government units and 10 frontline offices for their contributions to the fight against COVID-19 as the 2021 Outstanding Negrense Awardees at the 123rd Cinco de Noviembre rites at the Capitol Social Hall in Bacolod City 6 p.m. Friday, November 5.To be honored along with the LGUs are the personnel of the Hospital Operations Department, Provincial Health Office, Disaster Management Program Division, Information Communication Technology Division, Mambukal Resort, Police Provincial Office, 303rd Infantry Brigade, Bureau of Fire Protection, Philippine Coast Guard and the Philippine Red Cross in Negros Occidental, Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz.“These are the agencies, departments, offices that contr...
Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz shows the Culture Hub passport.*Capitol photo“Passports” for the Negros Occidental provincial government culture hub tour are now available, Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz said Wednesday, November 3.The passport covers a 9-stop tour of the Provincial Capitol and Park, Provincial Tourism Office, Mambukal Resort Bacolod Office, Cafetolyo, Association of Negros Producers Showroom, Negros Forest and Ecological Foundation, Negros Museum, Ayala Fiesta Market and the Pala-Pala Food Terminal Market, he said.The passport is stamped at every stop and at the end of the tour, the tourist is given a token, he said.“Launched in July, the Culture Hub hopes to showcase a one-circuit tour that will promote the province’s culture, heritage, tr...