The security office of the provincial government-owned Negros First CyberCentre assured the public and its tenants that there is no cause for alarm following the holdup incident at its premises last week.
Renelo Lastierre, head of the Capitol security office, said Wednesday, May 25, that based on their investigation, there were no security personnel lapses when the liaison officer and two other employees of the Negros Occidental Teachers Federation were holdup at the CyberCentre parking lot on May 19.
The riding-in-tandem suspects carted away more than P600,000 from the victims who had just withdrawn the money from a nearby bank.
Lastierre stressed that the security of the facility remains tight and it has been a “very safe place” for the public. The venue recently hosted a gathering of more than 70,000 people and no untoward incident happened, he pointed out.
If the victims immediately called for help, the security personnel would have caught the suspects, he said.
The police said it is possible that the robbery was an “inside job” or “hold-up me” incident.
Footage from a closed-circuit television also showed that the vehicle of the victims and the motorcycle driven by the suspects arrived and left the premises almost at the same time, the police said.*