A fire destroyed a two storey house in Purok Maanyag, Barangay Alijis, Bacolod City, Tuesday morning, November 23, Chief Inspector Rodel Legaspi, city fire marshal, said.
The house was owned by Roy Wendel Bravo and was being rented by Zmile Nava, he said.
They were welding barbwire on their perimeter fence and sparks from the welding rod hit the LPG tanks below triggering the fire, he said.
No one was injured in the fire, which destruction was estimated at P100,000, Legaspi said.
They were suspected to be retailing butane, but an investigation is still underway, he said.*