Dengue cases in Negros Occidental are going down, Dr. Ernell Tumimbang, Provincial Health Officer, said Monday, January 23.
The cases have dropped following a peak in June last year, he said.
Negros Occidental had 21 dengue cases from January 1 to 7, the Department of Health reported.
Despite the drop in cases the public is urged to continue protecting themselves and the community from dengue, which is transmitted through mosquito bites, the DOH said.
Tumimbang said the provincial government’s pro-active measures have continued to cause the decline in the dengue cases.
They will continue enforcing proactive measures in dengue prone areas to prevent a surge in the future, he added.*