Monday, August 17

Top Stories

P25M Guintubhan bridge in Isabela inaugurated

P25M Guintubhan bridge in Isabela inaugurated

Top Stories
The newly inaugurated bridge in Isabela*Negros Occ. Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson and Isabela Mayor Irene Montilla led the inauguration of the newly constructed bridge in Brgy. Camangcamang, Isabela, on Friday morning, October 7.It is the Bugalo/Guintubhan Overflow Bridge that was converted into a permanent concrete bridge structure.The construction of the bridge that costs P25 million started in April of last year and was finished early this year.It was facilitated by the Provincial Engineer’s Office led by Engr. Ernie Mapa.Negros Occ. Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson and Isabela Mayor Irene Montilla led the inauguration of the newly constructed bridge in Brgy. Camangcamang, Isabela.*Lacson said that he is happy to know that Brgy. Camangcamang is a booming barangay in terms...
Benitez to deliver 100 days report

Benitez to deliver 100 days report

Top Stories
Bacolod Mayor Alfredo Abelardo Benitez is set to deliver his first 100 days accomplishment report at the Bacolod City Government Center 5 p.m. Saturday, October 8.The mayor aside from presenting his accomplishments is expected to outline his direction moving forward, City Administrator Pacifico Maghari III said Friday.Included in the eight point agenda promised by the mayor for his first 100 days are his health program, removal of spaghetti wires, housing, an e-governance system, a professionalized and friendly city hall for the public, solar lights, and expedited building and business permits, Maghari said.*
Recognize Comelec order, DILG secretary tells Teves

Recognize Comelec order, DILG secretary tells Teves

Top Stories
Henry Pryde Teves continued to carry out work as governor of Negros Oriental on Friday.*Negros Oriental Facebook page photoLocal Government Secretary Benjamin Abalos Jr. on Friday, October 7, advised Henry Pryde Teves to recognize the authority of the Commission on Elections (Comelec), which directed him to step down as governor of Negros Oriental.While the Comelec has proclaimed Roel Degamo as the rightful governor of Negros Oriental, Teves said he will only step down if ordered by Supreme Court.The SC is expected to convene on October 11 to rule on Teves’ application for a temporary restraining order on the Comelec ruling in favor of Degamo.“In the absence of a TRO or a ruling from a high court, the DILG (Department of the Interior and Local Government) finds no reason to...
All Negros LGUs joining MassKara sa Panaad

All Negros LGUs joining MassKara sa Panaad

Top Stories
All 31 towns and cities in Negros Occidental and Bacolod City, are joining the first ever MassKara sa Panaad that kicks off 4 p.m. Monday, October 10, and runs until October 16, Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz said Friday.The MassKara sa Panaad will kick off with a parade of festivals and a presentation of festival dances at the Panaad Park in Barangay Mansilingan, Bacolod City.Each congressional district will provide the entertainment for guests from October 11 to 16.Free guided tours of the LGU pavilions and the Balay Kalamay Museum will also be held, Diaz said.Buses will ferry those joining group tours from the Capitol and back twice a day from October 12 to 15, he said.The tours will start at 9:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily, Diaz said. *
Army, NPA clash in Himamaylan, classes suspended in affected areas

Army, NPA clash in Himamaylan, classes suspended in affected areas

Top Stories
Soldiers figured in an encounter with the rebels in Himamaylan City on Thursday, October 6.*Aksyon Radyo Bacolod photoGovernment soldiers clashed with members of the New People’s Army at Sitio Sig-ang, Barangay Carabalan in Himamaylan City, Negros Occidental, Thursday, October 6.The mayors of Himamaylan and Binalbagan have suspended classes in affected areas, and evacuations were reported.The encounter with 20 armed men believed to be members of NPA’s Central Negros 2 led to a 40-minute firefight.Brig. Gen. Inocencio Pasaporte, 303rd Infantry Brigade commander, said the troops of the 94th Infantry Battalion were responding to the information on the alleged sightings of armed men in the area.No casualties were reported on the part of the Army.Pasaporte said the rebel...
315 policemen augment MassKara deployment

315 policemen augment MassKara deployment

Top Stories
More policemen will be deployed in the streets of Bacolod City to secure the ongoing MassKara Festival.*BCPO photoAt least 315 policemen are augmenting the security deployment for the ongoing MassKara Festival in Bacolod City.Col. Thomas Joseph Martir, Bacolod police director, received the augmentation personnel from the Negros Occidental Police Provincial Office (NOCPPO) and Police Regional Office (PRO-6), at the Bacolod City Police Office on Thursday, October 5.Of the 315 personnel, 26 are commissioned officers while 289 are non-commissioned officers.Most of the commissioned officers came from the NOCPPO and Iloilo Police Provincial Office, Lt. Col. Sherlock Gabana, BCPO public information officer, said.The augmentation personnel will be distributed to the different f...
Traffic enforcer gunned down in front of school in Escalante

Traffic enforcer gunned down in front of school in Escalante

Top Stories
The scene of the crime in Escalante City on Wednesday, October 5.*Escalante PNP photoA traffic enforcer was shot to death in front of a school in Barangay Alimango, Escalante City, Negros Occidental, Wednesday night, October 5.The victim was identified as Reymond Lucero, 46. He was supposed to fetch his wife, a teacher.The victim was about to park his motorcycle when the unidentified suspects on board two motorcycles suddenly shot him, a police report said.The police said that the motive for killing of the victim may be related to his work as a traffic enforcer.*
2 working governors in Negros Oriental?

2 working governors in Negros Oriental?

Top Stories
Roel Ragay Degamo met with the provincial government department heads as shown in this photo posted on his Facebook page.*There appeared to be two working governors in Negros Oriental on Thursday, October 6.Roel Ragay Degamo, whom the Commission on Elections proclaimed governor of Negros Oriental on Monday, in a Facebook post said he met with the provincial government department heads and the hospital chief on Thursday.Degamo took his oath as governor of Negros Oriental before President Ferdinand Marcos on Wednesday.Meanwhile, Henry Pryde Teves, whose proclamation as governor of Negros Oriental was annulled by the Comelec, has refused to step down until the Supreme Court rules on the governorship issue.Teves informed Negros Oriental department, unit and division heads o...
Cavite’s Jundel Mazon wins MassKara billiards tournament

Cavite’s Jundel Mazon wins MassKara billiards tournament

Sports, Top Stories
Jundel Mazon won the P350,000 grand prize *They flew in from as far as Japan and Indonesia but on the fifth and final day of the 1st Mayor Albee Benitez MassKara Billiards Tournament in Bacolod City, the last man standing to romp off with the P350,000 grand prize was Cavite’s Jundel Mazon.The tournament started with 128 players, many of them giants in the world of billiards, including the legends and world champions Efren “Bata” Reyes and Francisco “Django” Bustamante.The masters’ games brought in the crowd and though they dominated the early matches, on the fourth day, Reyes was crushed by newbie, 15-year old AJ Manas from Antipolo. Reyes departure from the tournament though did not diminish the crowd, but rather, more came to see for themselves the boy wonder that eliminated ...
City gov’t urges Bacolod residents: Get booster shots, supply limited

City gov’t urges Bacolod residents: Get booster shots, supply limited

Top Stories
Bacolod City residents are being urged to get vaccinated and to avail of booster shots to protect themselves against COVID-19.The vaccines available are Sinovac and Pfizer for adults with limited supply, the city government announced on its Facebook page Thursday, October 6.Vaccines for 5 to 11-year-old minors are currently on hold, the announcement also said.Department of Health (DOH) 6 on Thursday, October 5, reported that 518,972 individuals in the 18 to 59 age group, or 201.67 percent , have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in Bacolod.The DOH also said 79,585 or 30.93 percent of individuals aged 18 to 59 received their first booster shots and 6,346 or 2.47 percent have availed of their second in Bacolod City.There have also 79,425 senior citizens, or 154.04 p...
Secured By miniOrangeSecured By miniOrange