Bacolod City only has two new coronavirus cases today, October 27, the lowest number since July, City Administrator Em Ang said.
Ang, executive director of the city’s Emergency Operations Center, said that one of the new cases was a repeat or the result of a confirmatory swab test.
“This is the lowest daily record since July 16. We are definitely on track to significantly reducing the case count versus last month,” she said.
“I am hoping and praying to God that this continues,” Ang added.
She reminded Bacolod residents to continue wearing masks, washing hands, practicing physical distancing, and avoiding crowds.
Earlier, the national government sent top officials, including Secretary Carlito Galvez Jr., the chief implementer of the National Task Force Against COVID-19, and Environment Secretary Roy Cimatu, who helped Cebu City contain its coronavirus cases, to the city to help the local government bring down its coronavirus cases.
IATF-Visayas chief deputy implementer Melquiades Feliciano has stayed behind to assist Bacolod in the fight against the virus.*