Tuesday, February 17

Tag: Negros

Firearms, grenades, shabu seized in La Carlota

Firearms, grenades, shabu seized in La Carlota

Top Stories
Eight persons, including six minors, have been held by authorities following an operation at Uriarte Subdivision, Brgy. 3 Poblacion in La Carlota City, Negros Occidental, early Wednesday, October 27.A policeman was also injured.The subject of the operation was Archelito Dumip-ig, who has an arrest warrant for attempted homicide issued by Calatrava Municipal Circuit Trial Court judge Charmaine Mascardo on March 16, with a recommended bail of P36,000.He slipped past the authorities.Two of those captured were cooks identified as Malou Camingawan, 41, of Boulevard, Brgy. 14, Bacolod City, and Leny Villlarin, 23, of Bagong Silang, Salvador Benedicto.Based on the initial report, one of the apprehending officers was hit on his right hand during the raid and was immediately bro...
Negros provinces not opening borders to bus operations yet

Negros provinces not opening borders to bus operations yet

Top Stories
PDEA photoPublic transportation between the two Negros provinces will resume when the COVID-19 situation on the Oriental side improves, Negros Occidental provincial administrator Rayfrando Diaz said Tuesday, October 26.Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson met with the Provincial Incident Management Team and the “assessment is there is more risks on the part of Negros Occidental in opening up the borders to public transportation with Oriental”, he said.He pointed out that the Department of Health has classified Negros Oriental as a COVID-19 high risk area for COVID-19 under Alert Level 4.Negros Occidental has been classified as a COVID-19 low risk area under Alert Level 2, Diaz added.“It’s counterproductive to our campaign against COVID-19 if we allow unimpeded or unchecked travel b...
7,000 kilos of endangered clams seized in Sipalay

7,000 kilos of endangered clams seized in Sipalay

Top Stories
The endangered fossilized and fresh clams, locally known as Taclobo, seized in Brgy. Cayhagan Sipalay City, Tuesday morning, October 26.*4th SOU-MG photoThe Maritime Police in southern Negros Occidental seized 7,000 kilos of endangered   fossilized and fresh clams, locally known as Taclobo, in Sitio Ondol Pasil, Brgy. Cayhagan Sipalay City, Tuesday, October 26.Seized were P490,000 worth of Taclobos identified as endangered species in clear violation of Section 102 of Republic Act 10654 that bans the fishing and taking of rare, threatened or endangered species, a report from PMaj. Don Archie Suspeñe, Fourth SOU PNP Maritime Group officer-in-charge, said.At 10 a.m. on Tuesday, they received a report from a concerned citizen that giant clams were being collected in Barangay Cayhag...
64 new COVID-19 deaths in Negros Occidental

64 new COVID-19 deaths in Negros Occidental

Top Stories
Salvador Benedicto LGU photoThere are 64 new COVID-19 deaths in Negros Occidental, the Provincial Incident Management Team reported Tuesday night, October 26.This brings the total COVID-19 deaths in Negros Occidental to 1,272 since the start of the pandemic last year from 1,208 on Monday, the report showed.The PIMT also reported that Negros Occidental’s active COVID-19 cases dropped to 3,460 on Tuesday from 3,638 on Monday.Negros Occidental had recorded 374 COVID-19 deaths in October, the highest in a single month since the COVID-19 pandemic started, Provincial Administrator Rayfrado Diaz said Monday.The 64 new cases on Tuesday brings the total October deaths to 438.*
86,700 additional doses of Covid vaccines arrive

86,700 additional doses of Covid vaccines arrive

Top Stories
CAAP-Bacolod photoNegros Occidental and Bacolod City received 86,700 more doses of COVID-19 vaccines on Monday, October 25.Bacolod City received 15,000 doses of Sinovac and 32,400 doses of AstraZeneca vaccines.Negros Occidental received 39,300 doses of AstraZeneca vaccines.Bacood City had 1,618 active COVID-19 cases with one death, the Department of Health reported Tuesday.Negros Occidental had 4,351 active cases, and 11 new deaths, it added.However, the Provincial Incident Management Team said the active COVID-19 cases in Negros Occidental are below the 4,000 mark.*
Negrense short film shortlisted in Singapore film fest

Negrense short film shortlisted in Singapore film fest

Community
A short film directed by a Negrense has gained international recognition after it was shortlisted in this year’s Southeast Asian Short Film Competition of the prestigious Singapore International Film Festival (SGIFF).Budding Negrense director Mark Garcia, a former journalist, announced Tuesday, October 26, that his film "Mga Bag-ong Nawong (sang Damgo kag Katingalahan)" is one of the 23 short films that will compete in the festival, which is considered as the largest and longest-running film event in Southeast Asia since 1987.Garcia’s film was among the three Filipino shorts that were shortlisted in the festival.Others were Shireen Seno’s "To Pick a Flower" and Lav Diaz’s "Himala: A Dialectic of Our Times."Garcia said he is honored to be included in the competition, and tha...
Bacolod kag Negros Occidental magahulat sang go signal para sa paghatag sang booster shot

Bacolod kag Negros Occidental magahulat sang go signal para sa paghatag sang booster shot

Balita Hiligaynon, Digicast Negros X
[embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS2HL5HEy7w&live=1[/embedyt]Nakahanda ang Bacolod Emergency Operation Center kag ang provincial government nga mag-administer sang Covid- 19 booster shots para sa mga nabakunahan na.Pero tubtob karon ila pa ginahulat ang mandu sang Department Of Health antes sugdan ang pagbakuna sang dugang nga dose sang Covid-19 sa mga nabakunahan na nga mga health careworkers kag senior citizens.Ginalauman ni Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson nga mangin kadungan sini ang pag-abot sang dugang nga Covid- 19 vaccines.Ginpahayag ni Dr. Chris Sorongon, deputy for medical data and analysis nga amat amat nga naga-diutay na gid man ang mga nagapabakuna sa mga vaccination centers sa mall bangud sang ginapatuman vaccination drive sang siudad.Yara na sa m...
Negros Occidental naka record sang pinaka madamo nga napatay sa Covid-19 sini nga Oktubre

Negros Occidental naka record sang pinaka madamo nga napatay sa Covid-19 sini nga Oktubre

Balita Hiligaynon
Pinaka mataas nga na record nga Covid deaths sa probinsya na record sa bulan sang Oktubre - 374.Suno kay provincial administrator Rayfrando Diaz ini ang pinakamataas nga na record humalin sang nag igo ang pandemic sang Marso sang nagligad nga tuig. Humalin sang Oktubre 18 tubtob 25, ukon sa walo ka adlaw, 135 ang na record nga napatay angut sa Covid-19.Sandig sa datus sang kapitolyo, sang Marso napulo ang na record napatay, sang Abril – 37, sang Mayo – 79, sang Hunyo - 104, sang Hulyo - 97, Agosto – 60 kag sang Aetyembre - 234.Samtang, sa monitoring naman karon sang mga quarantine facilities nag nubo na ang kadamuon nga yara diri. 52 ang yara sa healing center sa EB Magalona, 16 ang sa Cadiz kag 22 ang sa Silay.Tuman na ini nga nag nubo kun ipaanggid sa naglligad nga semana...
Pagbalik sang biyahe sang mga bus halin Negros Occidental padulong Oriental gina tun-an pa

Pagbalik sang biyahe sang mga bus halin Negros Occidental padulong Oriental gina tun-an pa

Balita Hiligaynon
Maga balik ang inter-island public transport ukon ang biyahe sa Negros Oriental kag Occidental kun mag mangin maayo na ang assessment sa Covid situation.Suno kay provincial administrator Rayfrando Diaz naga pabilin nga ang mga private vehicles lang sa gihapon ang maka sulod sa Negros Occidental lakip na ang compliance sang mga pasahero sini sa SPASS.Damlag pa nag hinyo ang Vallacar Transit sang resumption of trips sa tunga sang duha ka probinsya. Pero kasunod sang pinaka ulihi nga status sang Negros Oriental kun sa diin na classify ini nga high risk kag gin paidalom sa alert level 4 sang nag patigayon sang assessment ang Negros Occidental.Sandig sa assessment, suno kay Diaz, mas daku ang risgo sa bahin sang Negros Occidental kun mag tugot ini sang mas sulhay nga pag pasulod sa ...
Secured By miniOrangeSecured By miniOrange