Thursday, February 19

Tag: Negros news

May mga turista na nga naga sulod sa Negros Occidental

May mga turista na nga naga sulod sa Negros Occidental

Balita Hiligaynon
May mga turista na nga naga sulod sa Negros Occidental humalin sang nadugangan ang mga flights padulong sa probinsya.Ini ang gin kumpirma ni Provincial Tourism Officer Cheryl Decena. Suno sa iya, indi lang mga returning Filipinos, mga OFW kag mga na stranded sa Kuzon ang naga biyahe pa Negros Occidental.May mga turista na nga naga lagaw diri. Ini sang nadungan ang flights padulong sa probinsya kag napa hapos na ang pag biyahe.Dugang pa niya may yara sa gihapon sang iban nga mga lokal government units nga indi pa gid totally nga nag bukas sang ila nga turismo kag naga amat amat pa lang.Gina limitahan lang anay ang kadamuon sang tawo nga gina pasulod sa ila tagsa ka banwa kag siudad.Nagakalipay siya nga antes mag takop ang tuig amat amat na nga naga bangon ang tourism ind...
4 from South Africa quarantined, no need to spread fear, Diaz says

4 from South Africa quarantined, no need to spread fear, Diaz says

Top Stories
Four residents of South Africa where the COVID-19 Omicron variant was first detected, who arrived in Negros Occidental last week, are in quarantine and will be tested for COVID-19, Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz assured on Tuesday, November 30.The four are fully vaccinated, have no COVID-19 symptoms, and were given the green light by the Bureau of Quarantine to enter the province before the ban on travelers from South Africa was imposed.“We hope we are still safe in the province of Negros Occidental. There is no need to sow fear unnecessarily and spread misinformation again,” Diaz said.The Philippines has recently banned entry of travelers from South Africa. The Omicron variant poses a "very high" risk globally, the World Health Organization (WHO) warned Monday.Dia...
Negros Occidental tops Western Visayas vax drive on day 2, partial report shows

Negros Occidental tops Western Visayas vax drive on day 2, partial report shows

Top Stories
Capitol photoNegros Occidental topped the second day of the three-day national vaccination campaign against COVID-19 in Western Visayas, a partial report from the Department of Health at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, November 30, showed.Updated reports from Negros Occidental and Bacolod City local government units were not available as of press time but the figures were expected to be much higher.The DOH partial report showed that Negros Occidental had vaccinated 37,191 residents, followed by Iloilo – 26,352, Capiz – 13,183, Antique – 9,524, Aklan – 6,043, Guimaras – 4,722, Iloilo City – 3,966 andBacolod – 3,242 for a total of 104,223 in Western Visayas.Negros Occidental also topped day 1 with 76,000 residents vaccinated on Monday exceeding the DOH target set for it of 50,000 a day, P...
Guv issues Alert Level 2 guidelines until Dec. 15

Guv issues Alert Level 2 guidelines until Dec. 15

Top Stories
Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson issued an executive order Tuesday, November 30, extending the Alert Level 2 status of Negros Occidental until December 15.Negros Occidental and Oriental, and Bacolod City will remain under Alert Level 2 from December 1 to 15, Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases spokesperson Karlo Nograles announced on Monday.Lacson, in Executive Order 21-55, Series of 2021, reiterated that fully vaccinated individuals will be required to present an S-PaSS – an electronic or printed copy of the approved travel coordination permit issued by the Safe, Swift and Smart Passage travel management system upon submission of a vaccination card or certificate.Unvaccinated or partially unvaccinated individuals should present an S-PaSS and ...
Village watchman gunned down in Calatrava

Village watchman gunned down in Calatrava

Top Stories
Calatrava PNP photoA village watchman was gunned down by unidentified perpetrators at Brgy. Mina-utok, Calatrava, Negros Occidental, Monday, November 29.Killed was Rolando Bustillo, 50, of Brgy. Bug-ang, Toboso. He was also a former Civilian Armed Force Geographical Unit (CAFGU) member.The victim was sitting in his tricycle that was parked inside the premises of the Victorias Sugar Cane Transloading Station when he was shot by one of the three suspects several times with an unknown firearm, a police report said.He was brought to Calatrava District Hospital where he was pronounced dead.The suspect fled towards the upper area of the barangay after the incident.Police have yet to establish the motive for the killing.*
Police uproot marijuana plants in San Carlos

Police uproot marijuana plants in San Carlos

Top Stories
PRO-6 photoPolice operatives unearthed marijuana plants at Barangay Codcod in San Carlos City, Negros Occidental, on Monday, November 29.About 300 newly grown marijuana plants and 200 fully grown cannabis were uprooted at the two plantation sites that have an estimated land area of 200 square meters, a report from the Police Regional Office-6 showed.The recovered marijuana plants weighed around 10 kilograms and had an estimated value of P38,000.Lt. Col. Arnel Solis, PRO-6 spokesperson, said the police are looking at a person of interest behind the marijuana plantation, but the person was not around during the raid.Police operatives had to walk six hours to reach the area.The recovered marijuana plants were turned over to Crime Laboratory Office for examination.*
Mambukal opening December 1

Mambukal opening December 1

Top Stories
Negros Occidental Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson will lead the reopening of the Mambukal Resort in Murcia to the public Wednesday morning, December 1.Entrance for resort visitors will be free for the entire December, Provincial Administrator Rayfrando Diaz said.Fully vaccinated individuals against COVID-19 from 12 years old and above will be allowed in the resort, and children below 12 years old who are not yet covered by the government vaccination program, he said.Those who want to visit the resort need to pre-book at the Mambukal Resort office at the Capitol Lagoon Park in Bacolod City as only an initial 50 people a day will be allowed in, he said.Guests will have to pay for the use of some amenities at the resort like the swimming pools and hot springs, Diaz said.Food for sale...
Leni supporters in Negros launch new ‘Star of Hope’

Leni supporters in Negros launch new ‘Star of Hope’

Top Stories
Bea Mirano hang the first star of hope*The Laban Leni Negros Occidental (LLNO) supporters of presidential candidate Leni Robredo launched a new ‘Star of Hope’ at their headquarters in Bacolod City Tuesday night, November 30.Millie Kilayko, a member of the LLNO core group, said “35 years ago, 2,000 workers in 16 communities in Negros Occidental produced 200,000 Stars of Hope as a massive livelihood project in a beleaguered province hit with hunger and unemployment. It was a pretty parol with lacework and frills.”On Tuesday night, the Laban Leni Negros Occidental launched the current version of the Star of Hope. Inspired by Leni Robredo's challenge to live a life of "radikal na pagmamahal," today's star of hope is but a simple pink cartolina cut-out but it represents a Christmas ...
Secured By miniOrangeSecured By miniOrange