The show cause orders served to Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections (BSKE) candidates in Negros Occidental have reached 125, Provincial Election Supervisor Officer Ian Lee Ananoria said on Friday, October 13.
There were 18 new show cause orders issued on Thursday, he said.
Nine were served in Bago City and nine in Calatrava.
The show cause orders are issued to give candidates a chance to defend themselves.
There were also five complaints lodged against candidates with the Comelec Kontra Bigay Committee for vote buying in Negros Occidental, Ananoria said
Ananoria said 72 hours before the start of the campaign period on October 19 a Task Force Baklas will remove all illegally posted campaign material, Ananoria said.
There are designated common poster areas, he said.
He reiterated the call to candidates to avoid negative campaigns and violence, and to stick to the issues.
Meanwhile, the Provincial Joint Security Coordinating Center, composed of the Comelec and law enforcement agencies, is set to meet on October 19 to determine the status of the election areas of concern in the province, he said.
So far 51 barangays in Negros Occidental have been identified as election areas of concern and he hopes the number does not increase, Ananoria said.*