
Police seized more than P1.02 million worth of suspected shabu in separate buy-bust operations in Negros Occidental Friday and Saturday, May 22 and 23.
In Hinigaran, a provincial-level high-value individual was arrested after authorities seized about 110 grams of suspected shabu worth P748,000 during a buy-bust in Sitio Ubay, Brgy. Pilar at around 4:30 p.m. on Saturday.
The suspect, identified only as alias “Torag,” 47, was listed as the No. 3 high-value individual at the provincial level.
Police said surveillance showed the suspect was allegedly involved in illegal drug activities in Pontevedra, Hinigaran, Isabela, Binalbagan, and parts of Himamaylan.
Authorities said the suspect had been the subject of previous buy-bust operations by other units but was not arrested.
Recovered during the operation were 14 sachets of suspected shabu, one knot-tied plastic bag containing suspected shabu, the buy-bust item, P500 marked money, and a black coin purse.
Meanwhile, in Calatrava, a street-level individual was arrested in another buy-bust operation in Zone 2, Brgy. Patun-an at around 9:08 p.m. on Friday.
Police identified the suspect as alias “Ar,” 30, a resident of the same barangay.
Authorities recovered about 40 grams of suspected shabu worth P272,000, along with P500 buy-bust money and a coin purse.
The seized drug evidence from both operations was submitted to the forensic unit for laboratory examination.
The suspects are under police custody and will face charges for violation of Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002.*
[sibwp_form id=1]