The 2020/2021 Bar examinations at the University of Saint La Salle in Bacolod City that ended Sunday, February 6, was a success, Executive Judge Raymond Joseph Javier of the Bacolod Regional Trial Court, said.
“According to the reports we do not have any violations in the USLS site, so that’s good,” Javier said.
Supreme Court Associate Justice and Bar Examinations chairperson Marvic Leonen said some Bar examinees who violated the Honor Code were disqualified.
“Unfortunately, a number of examinees who were able to take the Bar Examinations violated the clearly published policies of the Office of the Bar Chairperson and their Honor Code,” he said in a Bar bulletin Sunday.
“In the course of the Bar Examinations, the Office of the Bar Chairperson has received reports of examinees who deliberately entered the local testing centers without disclosing that they had previously tested positive for COVID-19; who smuggled mobile phones inside the examination rooms; and who accessed social media during lunch break inside the premises,” he said.
“For their infractions, I am exercising my prerogative as Bar Chairperson to disqualify these examinees from the 2020/21 Bar Examinations,” he added.
There were 143 examinees who took the 2020/2021 Bar examinations at USLS, Javier said.
This is the first time the Bar examinations were held at venues outside Metro Manila. There were 31 remote testing sites in 22 key areas across the country.
Javier said his message to the examinees after the examinations is although they have already done their part, they must continue praying that when it is the time for the examiner to check their papers “the Holy Spirit will guide him whatever it will be.”
“Accept what is the decision of the Lord whether you pass or not,” he said.*