Negros Occidental Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson said he will deliver his annual State of the Province Address virtually next week.
Efforts made by the provincial government to address the COVID-19 situation will be part of the SOPA, he said Wednesday, August 18.
“Of course we will recognize all other departments’ performance in line with the Abanse Negrense,” Lacson said.
Negros Occidental’s active COVID-19 cases were down to 679 on Wednesday, the Provincial Incident Management Team (PIMT) reported.
The province had three new COVID-19 deaths Wednesday bringing the total to 585 since March last year, the PIMT added.
Negros Occidental has had 22,129 COVID-19 cases since March last year and 20,865 recoveries, it said.*