Shadow

Classes start Monday, Negros enrollees only 60%, Bacolod’s 75%; Face-to-face classes prohibited: DepEd

The new school year starts on Monday, September 13, but so far only 60 percent of the expected students in Negros Occidental and 75 percent in Bacolod City have enrolled, Department of Education officials said Thursday, September 9.

They stressed that the conduct of face-to-face classes is still strictly prohibited.

Out of the 350,000 plus students in private and public schools under the Negros Occidental Schools Division last school year, only 60 percent have enrolled as of Thursday, Ian Arnold Arnaez, DepEd project development officer II, said.

There is an assumption that students from last school year will be automatically enrolled, he said.

However, they have to actually confirm their enrollment by filling up the learner’s enrollment survey form that can be obtained by their parents from the school or the barangay, Arnaez said.

About 90 percent Negros Occidental students have opted for printed modules as their mode of learning from home, he said.

Very few have opted for the digital mode of learning, he said.

Arnaez urged parents to get their children enrolled now.
Bacolod Schools Superintendent Gladys Amylaine Sales said of the 114,000 expected enrollees from kindergarten to senior high school in Bacolod City as of Thursday, only 75 percent had enrolled.

Bacolod students have opted for blended learning during the pandemic, she said.*

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Secured By miniOrangeSecured By miniOrange