Shadow

Cadiz locks down 150 households

Cadiz LGU photo

Cadiz Mayor Salvador Escalante has locked down 150 households in Purok Mainuswagon (Barbas 2), Barangay Zone 2, Cadiz City, for seven days to contain the spread of COVID-19.

Their initial estimate was 250 households but on actual count Wednesday, April 7, it was 150, he said.

The lockdown was enforced after about 11 residents in purok tested positive for the virus, with one death, he said.

He said food packs were distributed to the affected residents.

They are extracting swab samples from one member of each household for COVID-19 tests, and so far have covered 137, Escalante said.

We will then test all the members of the households of the individauls who test positive, he said.

Some residents could not be located, he said.

Cadiz City currently has 46 active COVID-19 cases, 17 of whom are Locally Stranded Individuals and 27 were hit through local transmissions, Escalante said.*

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Secured By miniOrangeSecured By miniOrange