Wednesday, February 18

Bacolod police chief vows to track down new drug personalities

Col. Eugene Rebadomia*

The Bacolod City Police Office (BCPO) is pursuing new drug personalities amid intensified operations that resulted in the recovery of PHP1.75-million shabu in the past week.

In a press conference on Wednesday, BCPO chief Col. Eugene Rebadomia said, as declared by his predecessors, there is no longer any active drug group operating in the city.

“We can see in the reports that those who have been arrested are new drug personalities. The remnants, the prominent drug personalities who exist in Bacolod are no longer around. All those identified are new ones and are not even residents of Bacolod,” he added.

Rebadomia said he directed the City Drug Enforcement Unit, now headed by Lt. Col. Albert Sy, to continue the intensified operations against illegal drugs, noting that despite the recovery of millions worth of shabu, the illegal drug supply continues to be available in the city.

“These unrecovered illegal drugs affect the young people. We are watching out for that,” he added.

After he assumed as BCPO chief last week, Rebadomia said Mayor Greg Gasataya directed him to focus on the all-out fight against illegal drugs, noting that the mayor is very much concerned with the illegal drug problem.

Gasataya assured Rebadomia of continued support to the city’s police force emphasizing the importance of the campaign against illegal drugs as a means to curb other illegal activities in the city.*PNA

[sibwp_form id=1]
Secured By miniOrangeSecured By miniOrange