The Bacolod City government does not charge any fee for the conduct of mass vaccinations in subdivisions or in any other areas, City Administrator Em Ang said Friday, May 11.
Ang, Bacolod Emergency Operations Center executive director, said if anyone is collecting a fee the person should be reported to her office so that action can be taken.
Ang was responding to an allegation that a donation was being sought for the mass vaccination in a Bacolod subdivision this Sunday. The vaccination in the subdivision was supposed to be for 400 people but when the person asking for the donation was told that only P30,000 could be given they were told only 250 people could be covered, it was alleged.
Mass vaccinations scheduled at subdivisions are for free, all they ask for from the homeowners’ associations are a list of 300 residents who wish to be vaccinated.
They ask for the names so they can check if the persons on the list have registered and are on the city’s master list, and are from that barangay, she said.
So far they have vaccinated residents of the Capitolville, Santa Clara and Riverwalk subdivisions, she said.
There are other subdivisions that have submitted requests on their list that have yet to be covered, she said, but they are waiting for the arrival of additional vaccines for that. We would like to accommodate as many areas as we can as long as we have the vaccines, she said.
Ang said the Sinovac vaccines that recently arrived are scheduled for mass vaccinations in the barangays next week.
They are also asking the Department of Health if they can use all 17,000 Sinovac vaccines that recently arrived as first doses and use succeeding shipments for the second doses, she said.
The DOH instruction is to use half of the 17,000 for the first dose and to save the other half for the second dose, Ang said.*