Shadow

10 dogs die in fire

Ten Shih Tzus, including about four puppies, were killed in a fire that hit a room on the third floor of a building at Tindalo Avenue at the Capitol Shopping Center in Bacolod City shortly before noon Thursday, October 14.

Only two Shih Tzus named Peachy and Cotton survived the fire.

The building hit by the fire houses Frank General Merchandising on the first floor while the second and third floors are residential areas, Chief Inspector Rodel Legaspi, Bacolod City fire marshal, said.

They received the fire call at 11:57 a.m., it was placed under control at 12:06 p.m. and fire out was declared at 12:10 p.m. on Thursday, Legaspi said.

The fire began at the bedroom of the spouses Noel and Jane Chu on the third floor and its cause is believed to be “electrical in nature,” he said.

The owner informed us that there was an electrical outlet in the room that had short circuited before, but no one was in the room when the fire broke out, Legaspi added.

Fire damage was initially placed at P100,000, he said.

Members of the family were seen crying on learning that their dogs had died.*

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Secured By miniOrangeSecured By miniOrange