A septuagenarian died after a fire hit her house at Purok Kampilitan, Barangay Oringao in Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental, Tuesday night, January 17.
The victim was Maolin Amblosa, 74, whose house was destroyed by the fire, FO3 John Direck Villaruz of the Kabankalan City Fire Station said Wednesday.
The woman lived alone.
Neighbors alleged that the woman drank alcohol almost every day and would transfer her kerosene lamp around the house when she was drunk, Villaruz said.
They are still determining if the kerosene lamp caused the fire, he added.*