Digicast Negros

MGB begins investigation into alleged sinkhole in Toboso

Representatives from the Mines and Geosciences Bureau (MGB) conducted mapping work in Sitio Bairan, Brgy. General Luna in Toboso, where a landslide occurred.

Engr. Hospicio Carbajosa Jr., Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Officer, said, the MGB’s assessment includes checking the topography and terrain of the area.

They are still processing this data. In the second week of March, the MGB team will return to Toboso to check the underground situation using their instruments, Carbajosa said.

It is not yet clear whether the ground deformation in Sitio Bairan was caused by a landslide or sinkhole, Cabajosa said.

“So far, they have no official findings because they have to do more tests. On Wednesday they purely did mapping. They checked the topography of the terrain and they flew a drone to take footage and process it in their software,” Carbajosa said.*

[sibwp_form id=1]
Exit mobile version
Skip to toolbar